How to ensure your employees are happy when you move office
Upheaval can be stressful for employees but if you follow these simple tips, your staff will be happy and productive both before and after you move:
- Involve staff in the decision-making process from the beginning.
- Send out a simple survey to ensure you know what staff want from the move (fast internet, more meeting rooms, lockers, bike storage, showers, etc).
- Arrange regular staff meetings to ensure that everyone is fully up to speed with all the arrangements for the move.
- Distribute moving packs the week before the move which gives detailed instructions as to how to label computers, filing, phones, etc. Also include information about the new office location, including the amenities around the building.
- Ensure you have a dedicated person who can answer any questions your staff have about the move.
- Leave a welcome pack on everyone’s desk on their first day in the new office which includes snacks and soft drinks to get them through the unpacking process.
- Arrange a party to celebrate the successful move!